Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Journey

My battery is getting low, so this is going to have to be brief for now. Basically I have arrived in Egypt safely, and already I have had some unique experiences. Currently I am sitting in a lone chair in the computer lab of Nile Union Academy. Upon my arrival here on campus I was introduced to the staff, including Samir Berbawy, the president of the union here in Egypt, and his wife Tanya. I have settled into my apartment and things are looking up. Tomorrow I will be painting and doing maintenance with Ron, another American who moved here with his family for the year. So tonight I sleep, and tomorrow I work.

My battery is at critical now, so I'm signing off. I can here evening prayers taking place at the mosques surrounding us. Their wales and chants are strangely beautiful...

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Monte! Brother! I'm really glad that you made it safely to Egypt. I have been thinking about you a lot lately. I know you have loads of crazy and amazing adventures ahead of you. Take care of yourself. I miss you already. You are in our thoughts and prayers.