Tuesday, August 26, 2008

To Suez and Back!

Today I went with a large group to a resort on the Suez Canal and boy was it fun. The group consisted of myself, the Millers who are the full time Missionary family, the conference president Samir and his wife Tanya, another SM named Bethany who has been staying at Samir's house, and about 60 friends and family's who signed up to go on the trip through the conference (apparently it had been planned for some time). Our trip began with a 2 hour bus ride out to the resort, a trip that I honestly don't remember as I was sleeping the whole time. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the accommodation at the resort was top notch, and I spent a leisurely day swimming in the bathtub like water , soaking up the sun, and lounging by the two pools present there. Even our food was catered at the on site restaurant! Not a bad way to spend a Tuesday.
While on this trip I had the opportunity to meet a host of new and interesting people and I discovered why Egyptians are known for their friendliness. Perhaps one of the more interesting acquaintances I made was a boy three years older than I named Michael. He spoke very good english and we spent a majority of the day hanging out together. He assured me that whenever I wanted to go to a place of interest in Cairo that he would be happy to act as my guide. And I was finally able to take some good quality photos. A lot of photos. I will be posting all of my photos online hopefully by tomorrow for you all to peruse.
Well, I seem to be exhausted from my little trip today, so I'm going to call it a day. Thanks for reading.

No comments: